200 villager become homeless after blazed

More than 200 Tamantha (Sabe Bazar) villager of   Maungdaw north became homeless after blazed their home on February 4, at about 1:00pm, according to Ashiq, a local village leader.
The fire started from Salim Ullah’s house, while all the family members went to their farm land after lunch. Heavy winds blew strongly when the fire started. The villagers were unable to douse the fire in short time and engulfed to other houses quickly which burnt down more than twenty-six houses, Ashiq more added.

However, Burma border guard police (BGP) personnel and armies nearby camp jointed with villagers to extinguish the blaze which took two hours. All the properties of the villagers including paddy and rice also devastated in fire. Some villagers wounded in the fire while fighting to douse the fire, said Shaker, a businessman from the areas.

No fire fighters seen in the spot to extinguish the fire which took two hours and there are many fire brigade offices between the spot and Maungdaw township, the reason was unknown, Shaker more added.

The neighboring villagers helped – clothes, rice, chili, dry fish, salt and etc.. to the fire victims. The BGP also took lists of the victims and provided over 2,000-bamboo to build some temporarily tents and rations, said Quila Meah from the village.

The MALTESER gave medical treatment to wounded fire victims and the UNHCR also took lists of the families for supporting. The AZG (Doctors without Borders) is ready to provide helps to the victims if the government gives them permission, according to villagers.

Leave a Reply